Winner of a 2018 Catholic Press Association Award: Sacraments. (First Place)
How can Christians grow spiritually in the midst of our sinfulness? How can we transform our lives in a way that allows us to share in the resurrection of Jesus?
God has already given us the perfect solution—the sacraments.
Whether it is the wound of past hurts, the strain in our relationships, or the stress of daily life, we all need to be comforted and made whole by Christ. In this follow-up to his bestselling Be Healed, Bob Schuchts explains how the sacraments can fuel your emotional and spiritual healing and bring you closer to God.
Based on more than thirty-five years of experience as a therapist and decades spent in parish ministry, Schuchts demonstrates how each of the seven sacraments can be a life-changing encounter with Christ, communicated through the power of the Holy Spirit. He pairs each healing sacrament with one of the seven deadly wounds that emanated from original sin in the Garden of Eden. We perpetuate and deepen those wounds each time we sin, but the sacraments are God’s remedy for sin. They give us a way to restore us to wholeness in Christ.
In Be Transformed, You’ll discover how each sacrament can help you heal from wounds that can impede your relationships and sense of self-worth. With Schuchts’s help, you’ll learn how:
- Baptism makes us beloved children of God, healing our wounds of rejection
- Holy Communion heals our wounds of abandonment by inviting us to share in Jesus’ abiding presence
- Confirmation overcomes our powerlessness through the power of the Holy Spirit
- Holy Orders heals wounds of confusion and disorder by re-establishing God’s authority in our lives
- In marriage, God’s faithful love heals wounds of fear and mistrust
- Reconciliation restores purity and releases us from shame
- Anointing of the Sick provides enduring hope to overcome our hopelessness
Be Transformed offers all of the tools you need for a fresh understanding of the sacraments, including reflection questions, scripture meditations, prayers, and inspiring stories. You’ll come away hungry for the sacraments in a way you never knew possible.